Allergy Relief Carpet Cleaning Upland
For people with no allergy, the springtime is a wonderful time of year, as nature reawakens after the cold of winter, and beautiful plants start to sprout and bloom. However, those with allergies often spend the spring suffering and you may need to call the best allergy relief carpet cleaning service company in Upland in order to avoid this from happening to your family. With all that pollen and other allergens in the air, it’s a time of runny noses and sore throats for people with hay fever. What’s more, it’s not only the spring that can cause your allergies to play up. You may need to schedule a tile and grout, area rug, or upholstery cleaning appointment to get rid of the things that cause your allergies, which can also be caused by pets. Some people are naturally allergic to pet fur, and there are even those out there who can have a serious reaction to tiny dust particles. Even mold and mildew can leave people feeling under the weather- and in some extreme cases, could lead to serious health problems or even death.
If you are one of the millions of people out there with an allergy that makes your throat itch, your nose run, and your eyes sore, then we’ve got a few pointers to help you manage your condition. From pollen and mold, to dust mites and pet fur, the following tips are all effective ways of minimizing the risk of coming into contact with these particles.
- Shut your windows at night to keep pollen at bay
- Hanging your clothes on the clothesline can mean that they pick up a lot of pollen, which you’ll then breathe in when you wear them. Dry your clothes indoors or in a tumble dryer wherever possible
- If you’ve spent a lot of time outside, take a shower as soon as you get home to wash out any allergens that might be stuck to your skin or in your hair
- Try to keep your yard as clean and orderly as possible. Remove any weeds as soon as you see them, so that there’s one less source of pollen out there. Mold and fungi thrive in damp conditions, so keep things dry and you will be at less risk
- At least once a month, take the time to thoroughly clean your bathroom, including the fittings, windowsills, and curtains. Use disinfectant to eliminate any mold or mildew
- When it’s especially humid, use a dehumidifier at home to keep mold at bay. Ideally, the humidity levels in your home should be below 50 percent, so that mold is less likely to grow
- Keep carpeting off concrete floors, such as in your basement, since allergens will build up more in these instances
- Get any water damaged areas fixed as soon as possible
- Take a look at your dryer vent to ensure that it’s working properly
- Replace your old wallpaper to get rid of some of the allergens lying about
- Keep houseplants to a minimum
- Try an air purifier to remove some of the allergens from the air
Of course, airborne allergens are just one part of the problem. Dust mites can also be a serious issue, but since they can only be seen under a microscope, dealing with them can be a pain. Try these tips, though, and you can fight back against these household pests:
- Change your bedding every two weeks max, and wash all your bedding, including the mattress, with hot water to keep them clean
- Keep humidity levels in your home below 50 percent, to make life more difficult for the dust mites
- Have your carpets and rugs steam cleaned- regular vacuuming won’t get them all
- Use an allergen-proof cover on your mattress, and wash this cover regularly
Finally, as much as you love your pet, it’s a sure thing that you would rather live without the pet odors and stains they leave behind and without the allergies that their dandruff and fur can cause. Keeping your pet outside is always an option, but many people won’t want to resort to such drastic measures. What you can do though is call the best allergy relief carpet cleaning service company in Upland in order to assess what can be done to keep your living space free of pet dandruff and fur and stop those annoying allergies. It’s worth keeping your bedroom off limits at the very least- that way, you won’t have to worry about allergens triggering a reaction while you sleep.
For cats, medication is available to lessen the impact on your health. Even if you use this, though, you should still regularly wash your cat’s bedding to remove as many of those allergens as possible. You’ll also want to regularly vacuum areas that your cat loves to sit in for the same reason. There are also a range of products available for both cats and dogs that help limit their shedding- it’s worth looking into these as well.